Can Anyone Help....? PreviousNext
Give us a Home > Fish >
Message/Author
Next message Iluvalfie (Iluvalfie) posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 9:34 pm
Hi, I have two regular goldfish and have recently noticed that the smallest has an odd shaped face and mouth. Where a normal fish would have a curvy shaped face, he doesnt, it curves at the top and is then a straight diagonal line to the bottom of his mouth (sorry if this doesnt make sense but i can explain more if asked). He seems to be having lots of trouble eating because of this as he cannot open his mouth fully which is why he is small as he only gets to eat the tiny bits of food on the bottom of the tank. There is not normally alot for him as the other has grown very nicely since we got them and now eats a lot of the food given to them. I would seperate them but I recently bought a bigger tank for them and chucked out the old one so he has to where to go. If you can help then please reply. Thank you.
Next message Natasha (Natasha) posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 8:23 pm
could it be mouth rot? or has it always been this way?
Next message Iluvalfie (Iluvalfie) posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 11:04 am
no, just recently, if it is mouth rot what do i need to do?
Next message Natasha (Natasha) posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 9:24 pm
i dont know if it is this but here is something i looked up for you. you might want to speak with your fish supplyer and see what they suggest.
on this it says sometimes they get a few patchs of spots on there head and fins first, but i had a case with a guppy that it only attack the mouth and no matter what i did it ate away the mouth and died, but there are treatments.
http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/disease/p/columnaris.htm
Next message Natasha (Natasha) posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 9:37 pm
argg i did post but it hasnt shown up yet?? maybe this will post twice is so sorry lol.
try this link http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/disease/p/columnaris.htm
some of the links i tried says to kill the fish unless its expensive but i do not agree with this as it can be treated if caught in time.
Next message Kitty_kat_homes (Kitty_kat_homes) posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 5:57 am
this happened to my fish a it died within a few weeks but we also had another with the same problem and it is still alive. thanks to a cure
Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action: